User Rating: 3 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar InactiveStar Inactive
 

The darkness had settled in for the night, but something was off. An oppressive feeling hung heavy in the air like a fog, creating an atmosphere of unease that could not be ignored. I tried to convince myself it was just my imagination, but deep down I knew better. Something sinister was lurking nearby and it was watching me with a sinister intent.

I felt a chill course through my veins as I slowly and cautiously made my way across the room in the eerie silence. Every shadow seemed to come alive, causing me to jump at every movement, no matter how insignificant it may have been. My heart raced faster with each step, until eventually I reached the other side of the room, unscathed.

I paused to catch my breath and take a moment to survey my surroundings. That was when I noticed it - the faint sound of someone, or something, whispering in the darkness. The voice seemed both distant yet close at the same time, as if it were coming from within me but also from outside of myself. I could make out a few words, but they were too faint to comprehend. All I knew was that whatever it was, it had an evil intent and wanted me to do something I would rather not do.

I slowly backed away into the shadows, my legs shaking beneath me. I felt like all the hair on my body was standing up as the whispers grew louder. Suddenly, a figure stepped out of the darkness in front of me - a tall man dressed in a dark cloak with piercing eyes that seemed to look right through me. He opened his mouth and began to speak in a deep and chilling voice. His words sent shivers down my spine and caused my heart to race even faster than before.

“You have been chosen,” he said. “You must do as I say or the consequences will be dire.”

The figure seemed to disappear into the shadows before I could respond, leaving me standing in shock and disbelief. What had just happened? Was this some kind of nightmare or had I actually encountered a real life monster?

I wanted to run but my feet felt glued to the ground, making it impossible for me to move. Whatever horror I had been confronted with was too great for me to comprehend and all I could do was stand there trembling in fear. It felt like a lifetime before I eventually managed to snap out of my trance-like state and make a mad dash for safety.

As soon as I was out of harm’s way, I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I had no idea what kind of creature I had encountered that night, but one thing was certain: it wasn’t something I ever wanted to experience again.

To this day, the memory of that horrific encounter still chills me to the core. But despite the fear and terror it brings, it also serves as a reminder to never let your guard down – because there is always something lurking in the darkness...waiting to strike.

The End

0
0
0
s2sdefault

Donate a little?

Use PayPal to support our efforts:

Amount

Genre Poll

Your Favorite Genre?

Sign Up for info from Short-Story.Me!

Stories Tips And Advice