User Rating: 4 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Inactive
 

      He dreamed the dream and in his dream, he saw her as she danced across ocean waves, drifting sedately over summer fields, and chasing dandelion fluff and hummingbirds’ songs amongst the starlight morning glories. 

            His heart ached to find her, in rapture of her beauty and graceful dance with the clouds in blue summer skies. He felt unworthy as he pinned away in listless slumber for many endless years. And in his lucid dreams he could almost hear her name being whispered in the beating dragonfly wings and soft candles flames.

The smallest whisper heard on zephyrs and the murmur of small brooks. In his dreams, an echo shimmering across the mirrored surface of still water ponds, her name drifted to his ears as delicate as the kiss of the blue damselfly, “Islanna”, “Islanna”, then silenced with the dawn.

            She sensed his presence as she spun cocoons and chrysalis with moths and butterflies. His face and clear blue eyes a drifting apparition in search of love's salvation as he slowly died. His heartache and loneliness for her love echoed through empty moonless nights. Then finally touched her heart and soul as twinkling starlight.

Her fierce unconditional love was the only gift she had to give, love without question, love without complaint. All true love can manifest itself and rise to become the purest form of devotion of the heart and soul. She would offer this gift of her heart without regret, without restraint, to quell the vast sadness that filled his heart and soul.    

 

She waited at the edge of his dreams and softly, gently called to him. An enticing velvet whisper carried in the swirls and eddies of his waking dreams. In the vast stillness of eternity, he saw her opalescent beauty and offered her his hand. 

             An eternal moment, frozen and sublime as their fingers finally touched. And in that moment, in the act of utter surrender to the single end of love everlasting, until and beyond the end of time, his life extinguished and faded into nothingness, his fondest wish fulfilled.              

            Her single tear fell to become the soft tinkling of shattered dreams scattered over spring meadows to become the morning dew. In this, she hid her despair and joy to evaporate into the dawn, to fill each broken heart with everlasting hope, that true love is more than myth and to never give up hope.

Bio:
Donald Guadagni is an international educator, author, and writer currently teaching and conducting research in Beijing China. His publication work includes fiction, non-fiction, poetry, prose, science fiction, fantasy, humor, academic, photography and his artwork. Former iterations, military, law enforcement, prisons, engineering, and forever the wayward son.

0
0
0
s2sdefault

Donate a little?

Use PayPal to support our efforts:

Amount

Genre Poll

Your Favorite Genre?

Sign Up for info from Short-Story.Me!

Stories Tips And Advice